Truncating custom objects in salesforce.
Truncating a custom object allows Salesforce to delete all records from particular objects and save the empty object and its metadata. This is a fast way to delete all records from custom objects compared to Import Wizard and Data Import Wizard. This action will remove records from custom objects and you cannot recover them from the recycle bin.
Enabling truncate for custom objects
Before using this feature for your organization, you must enable it. To do this, follow these instructions:
1. Navigate to Setup | Build | Customize | User Interface.
2. On the user interface page, navigate to the Setup section.
3. Select the Enable Custom Object Truncate checkbox, as shown in the following screenshot:
4. Click on Save.
Performing truncate for custom objects
You can use this feature when you have created a custom object and filled it with test records. To delete those test records with a single action, you can use this feature.
To perform this action, follow these instructions:
1. Navigate to Setup | Build | Create | Objects.
2. Identify the object on which you want to perform this action and click on an object name to go to its detail page. In our case, select Event Object.
3. Click on the Truncate button, as shown in the following screenshot:
4. It will pop up a window. Read the warning message carefully and type the
object name as shown in the following screenshot:
5. Click on the Truncate button to complete the process.
Note: When you truncate a custom object, Salesforce stores a copy of the truncated object in the deleted objects' list for 15 days, and it will count against your organization's limit. After 15 days, the records will be erased permanently and will no longer count against your limits.
Thanks for reading.....