Limitations of the approval process
Approval processes are available on Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer editions. For the Professional Edition, you can enable this feature by paying an extra amount. As Salesforce is based on a multitenant architecture, it imposes a few limitations on the approval process:
• For each approval process, you can have a maximum of the following:
- 30 steps per process
- 25 approvers per step
• Each organization can have the following limitations:
- 300 approval processes per object
- 1,000 approval processes per organization
• An approval process's e-mail limit per day is as follows:
- 1,000 per Salesforce standard license
- 200,000 per organization
Note: Once an organization's daily limit of 200,000 exceeds, Salesforce will send a warning e-mail to the default workflow user and discard all the e-mails. Salesforce will not try to resend them later.
You cannot delete active approval processes. If you want to delete them, you will first have to inactivate the approval process and make sure no records have been submitted for approval. If any records have been submitted, delete them and remove them from the recycle bin.
Once an approval process is activated, you cannot add, delete, or change the order of the steps or change the reject or skip comportment of that process, even if you make the process inactive.
Various ways to approve a request – approval settings
You can approve records in Salesforce by three ways, which are follows:
• Via a UI
• Through a wireless-enabled mobile device
• Via Salesforce Chatter
Thanks for reading....