Custom settings in Salesforce
Custom settings are similar to custom objects and enable application developers to create custom sets of data, as well as create and associate custom data for an organization, profile, or specific user. All custom settings data is exposed in the application cache, which enables efficient access without the cost of repeated queries to the database.
- Data in custom setting is available in application cache, hence efficient and fast access.
- No need to waste SOQL for fetching data from custom setting. There are some methods available in custom settings that we can use to get the data instead of SOQL.
- 300 fields per custom setting.
- You can’t share a custom setting object or record.
- No owner is assigned when a custom setting is created, so the owner can’t be changed.
- Custom settings are a type of custom object. Each custom setting counts against the total number of custom objects available for your organization.